I am pleased to attach the invitation to the next science talk webinar, organized by Wiley in partnership with the WFSJ, to be held on 21 May 2019 : "Science Talks with the American Geriatrics Society : What Journalists Need to Know About Healthy Aging"
Science Talks – An Educational Webinar Series for Journalists
Science Talks is an educational webinar series for journalists presented by Wiley in partnership with the World Federation of Science Journalists (WFSJ) and the Association of Health Care Journalists (AHCJ). These complimentary, one-hour sessions are hosted by The Wiley Network to provide journalists with on-going training in science topics of particular global importance.
The next webinar, Science Talks with the American Geriatrics Society: What Journalists Need to Know About Healthy Aging, will take place on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 11:00 am EDT. In this session media will learn:
- What are the dynamics of the aging process and why are we living longer?
- What do geriatricians mean by “healthy aging”?
- How does prevention reduce the risk of serious medical issues?
- What are some of the most common medical issues associated with aging and increased longevity?
- How much physical activity do people over age 50 need? How important is diet in the health of older individuals? What other lifestyle issues are important in healthy aging?
The webinar will include time for questions and answers.
HOW TO REGISTER? please see the attached file.